What is Elderberry Syrup?
Elderberry syrup is a natural remedy derived from the fruit of the elderberry plant (Sambucus nigra). These dark purple berries have a long history of traditional use for their potential health benefits. Elderberry syrup is often used as a supplement to support the immune system and overall well-being. At our office, we offer both liquid syrup that requires refrigeration and bites (gummies) that are shelf stable (great for kids or travel!) These products are made local in Myrtle Beach by The Power of Elderberries, a woman-owned company.
Elderberries are rich in antioxidants, particularly anthocyanins, which contribute to their vibrant color. The syrup may also contain other beneficial compounds such as vitamins, minerals, and flavonoids.
The elderberry products from The Power of Elderberries that we carry here at Regenerate Chiropractic, are locally hand crafted in Market Common using the purest ingredients from nature and are 3rd party Lab Tested for quality. When compared to other brands this elderberry syrup has no preservatives, concentrates, tapioca, high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, flavors, fillers, or dyes. It contains locally sourced RAW honey to achieve maximum anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial benefits. And finally, they only use organic whole ingredients so there is no resting sediment in the bottle.
- Immune Support: Elderberries are believed to have immune-boosting properties. Some studies suggest that the antioxidants in elderberries may help enhance the immune system’s response.
- Cold and Flu Relief: Elderberry syrup has been traditionally used to alleviate symptoms of colds and flu. It may help reduce the duration and severity of symptoms like coughing, congestion, and fatigue.
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects: The antioxidants in elderberries may help reduce inflammation in the body, contributing to overall health. It is beneficial to patients with pain from arthritis or bursitis as well has any other joint or nerve pain.
- Antiviral Properties: Some research indicates that elderberries may possess antiviral properties, potentially inhibiting the replication of certain viruses.
- Rich in Nutrients: Elderberries contain vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, which is known for its role in immune function, and potassium, which supports heart health.
Usage and Dosage
For every day immune support, 1 tablespoon per day for adults is recommended. For additional support when sick, adults are recommended to take 1 tablespoon up to 5 times per day. Additional guidelines for children are listed on each Power of Elderberries Syrup/Bites bottle.
Before adding elderberry syrup or any supplement to your routine, it’s advisable to consult with your healthcare provider, especially if you have underlying health conditions or are taking medications. Please note for allergy purposes, additional ingredients include organic ginger root, organic cinnamon stick, and organic cloves.
Shop products here and receive 15% off your first order or when you bundle: